History and Goals
In the fall of 2005, Kevin Loth, co-owner with his wife, Charuth of ShadowBrook Farm, said, “we need a Sunday market.” Thus, the Old Cheney Road Farmers’ Market was created. For the months of September and October in 2005, vendors offered their products and were warmly received by the customers. Since then, the market has grown and prospered as the number of vendors has grown to over 60.
In 2008 the market received a 501 (c) (3) non-profit status that will allow us to welcome your support and enable us to sustain the market with your donations.
Locally Produced for a Healthy Community
Old Cheney Road Farmers' Market Goals:
- To support farmers who care for the land and preserce local farmland
- To foster environmental stewardship from field to fork
- To connect local, small family farmers with local, urban consumers
- To educate the community about the importance of food grown with integrity
- To build a healthy community that is food secure