Recipe for June 24, 2007
It’s that time again. Zucchini! Here’s a simple and good way to add to the hundred other ways to use up that favorite summer vegetable that never seems to go away!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped*
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced into 1/3 inch-thick disks*
- Sea salt and black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the zucchini, season lightly with salt and pepper and toss gently. Cover the skillet and lower heat slightly. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini starts to break apart, binding the whole mixture together, 15 to 20 minutes. Check the seasoning, adding more salt or pepper if needed. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings.
*Available at the Old Cheney Road Farmers’ Market