Recipe for October 17, 2010
If you’ve never thought of roasting cauliflower here’s a recipe that’s a winner.
1 head cauliflower*, cut or broken into bite-sized florets
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet with sides.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until it just browns and gives off a nutty aroma; be careful not to let it burn. Add the olive oil and sage and pour over the cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast the cauliflower for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring midway through so it cooks evenly, until it is light brown around the edges. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
From Fresh Everyday – Sara Foster - 2005
* Ingredients can be found at market