This colorful and tasty recipe was inspired by Edible Omaha's Spring 2013 recipe for roasted radishes and the variety of Spring vegetables at the farmers' market right now. For a healthier version, skip the browned butter. Enjoy!
- 20 medium radishes
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 2 pounds turnips
- 1 pounds carrot
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking sheet with olive oil or butter.
- It isn't necessary to peel any of the vegetables. Wash and half radishes, cut asparagus spears to 3-4 inch pieces, quarter turnips, and cut carrots to 1 inch pieces.
- In medium bowl, stir together vegetables and olive oil until coated. Pour onto prepared baking sheet; sprinkle lightly with salt. Roast in oven, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until fork pierces a carrot easily. Add an additional pinch of kosher salt, if desired. Move to a serving bowl and set aside; keep warm.
- Preheat small skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and a pinch of kosher salt, and cook until butter browns, about 3 minutes. Swirl skillet frequently to prevent burning. Remove skillet from heat; cool for 1 minute and stir in fresh lemon juice. Note: If you add the lemon juice too soon, the butter will spatter.
- Pour brown butter over vegetables and stir to coat. Serve immediately.